If you are starting to think about Cloud migration, you may want to consider a ‘Readiness Assessment’.
Telus offer a good example of one in this press news they published earlier this year, highlighting how Canadian innovation is being held back through various fears related to Cloud adoption.
Their “Canadian Cloud Scorecard” questioned CIOs in the following ways:
- Openness to new models of IT service delivery
- Being ahead of your competition for new technology adoption
- Having a strong grasp of the different cost models for different IT scenarios
- Ability of stakeholders to influence and receive the IT they want
- The role of IT within the organization as a whole
- Data security abilities
These are indeed all very good questions that will yield insight into the dynamics of the challenges your organization might face when planning for Cloud adoption.